Intern or conduct research abroad under the guidance of UT faculty on a faculty-driven internship.
Internship Abroad Programs
Choose from a range of programs designed to help you explore global career opportunities through part-time or full-time internships abroad.
What You Need to Know
- You can intern during the summer or a semester.
- All internships are part of a comprehensive program based in a city abroad.
- Some programs combine an internship with coursework.
- Placement matches prioritize students’ skill development.
- Most students intern at small, local companies or organizations.
- Most programs offer English-language placements.
- Internships are unpaid, but scholarships can help offset the cost of travel.
Virtual internship programs, also called remote internships or online internships, provide a global career experience with the convenience, flexibility and affordability of working remotely from anywhere. Virtual internships are available with and without coursework. Internships with domestic employers are not approved.
UT Internship Courses
UT offers hundreds of internship, field work, capstone and experiential courses that can be used to award credit to an internship experience. You should consult your academic advisor about internship courses and requirements specific to your major, minor or certificate.
If you want to earn credit but do not have a required internship course within your department, consider:
- UEX Internship Courses
These courses are designed for interns who do not need in-residence credit and do not want to pay the full cost for summer tuition.
- TCE Internships & Career Experiences Course
This internship course is free for all undergraduate and graduate students. Students do not earn credit, but this course will appear on your official UT transcript.