International Travel Process

The University of Texas at Austin is committed to making study, research, and other academic pursuits abroad both accessible and safe for faculty, staff and students. As such, we maintain governing policies for official university international travel.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: All countries are deemed High Risk, are included in the Restricted Regions List, and therefore require approval from the International Oversight Committee (IOC).

Getting Started

  1. Check Restricted Regions List

    Check whether the country you are traveling to is on UT's Restricted Regions list. If so, apply for and obtain approval from the International Oversight Committee

  2. Register Your Travel

    If you are not traveling to a UT Restricted Region and you have not already registered your travel in MyAbroad Portal, register your travel.

  3. Sign up for STEP

    Register your travel details and sign up for notifications in the U.S. Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Additionally, log in to the International SOS web page and sign up for email alerts.

  4. Review Health & Safety Resources

    Review our Health & Safety Resources to help you prepare for your trip.

For Dell Medical School Residents Traveling Abroad

Connect with Us

You can schedule a meeting or request a presentation with Global Risk & Safety to discuss your trip and go over the request forms.

Learn More