International Oversight Committee
The International Oversight Committee (IOC) was established to develop guidelines and formulate policies to maintain the health and safety of University of Texas at Austin students, faculty, and staff who study or conduct research and/or business internationally.
Appointed by the president, the IOC is composed of representatives from across the university, including academic leaders, faculty members and specialists. The IOC assesses levels of risk in countries or regions with significant health or safety concerns in consultation with the Texas Global Risk & Safety team, partners across campus and experts in the field of international risk and safety.
The IOC is dedicated to preserving academic freedom and the university's robust research agenda, while protecting the safety of UT Austin students, faculty and staff.
- Texas Global
- Office of the President
- Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost
- Office of the Vice President for Research, Scholarship and Creative Endeavors
- Office of the Dean of Students
- College of Liberal Arts
- Office of the Vice President for Legal Affairs
- Financial and Administrative Services
- Office of Campus Safety
- University Risk and Compliance Services
- Counseling and Mental Health Center
- Graduate Studies
- University Health Services
- Student Emergency Services
- Travel Management Services
- View the University of Texas at Austin's Travel Policy to Restricted Regions
- IOC Travel Authorization and Clearance Requirements for International Programs (11/16/2016)
- IOC Health Clearance Recommendation for Education Abroad Programs (9/29/2014)
- IOC Requirement for Faculty/Staff to Attend Health & Safety Training Annually (9/29/2014)
- 2013 Travel Policy changes (11/8/2012)
Please direct all questions or concerns regarding the International Oversight Committee or the UT International Travel Policy to Restricted Regions to email@example.com.