College of Natural Sciences
The College of Natural Sciences actively supports students in enhancing their academic experience through courses, research, service-learning and internships abroad to expand their expertise and strengthen their portfolio as they launch their careers.
In order to have the best experience abroad, it is recommended that students meet with their academic advisor early in their undergraduate career. Be sure to review the resources on the Education Abroad pages, including the funding resources page and the events calendar.
Natural Sciences majors must meet proficiency in a foreign language. Students can fulfill core and flag requirements abroad via petition. For more information, view the Texas Undergraduate Studies petitions page. Remember to use the My Credit Abroad database to explore the historical record of courses other UT students have taken abroad.
Questions about credit? Review the Study Abroad Credit page for more information about receiving academic credit while abroad.
Education Abroad also works closely with the Health Professions Office to support students achieve their international experience goals.
To make an appointment with an Education Abroad advisor who focuses on CNS, click here.
- Computer Science Credit Abroad
- President's Award for Global Learning
- Global Virtual Exchange Courses for Students
The following reciprocal exchange and affiliate partners offer strong academic options for CNS majors. This is not meant to be an extensive list of opportunities, but rather a starting place for exploration.
- Australia: Australia National University
- Australia: University of Melbourne
- Australia: University of New South Wales
- Australia: University of New Queensland
- Australia: University of Sydney
- England: University College London
- Hungary: Budapest Mathematics
- Scotland: University of Edinburgh
- Singapore: National University of Singapore
- Sweden: KTH Royal Institute of Technology
- Sweden: Uppsala University
- Switzerland: ETH Zurich
- Internships Abroad
- Experiential Learning for Health Fields (PDF)
- Experiential Learning for Geoscience, Climate, Environment and Sustainability (PDF)
- Experiential Learning for Education in Classrooms and Communities (PDF)
- Internships for Computer Science, Internet and Information Technology (PDF)
- Research Abroad
- Cyprus: Hands-on-Science II (Summer 2) New!
- Denmark: Sustainable Fashion (May Term)
- France: Introductory Biology in the South of France (May Term)
- Italy: Italian Approaches to Early Childhood Education (May Term)
- Singapore: Biotechnology and the Future in Singapore (May Term)
- Spain: Evolution: An International and Cultural Perspective (Summer 1)