Jackson School of Geosciences
Students in the Jackson School of Geosciences can broaden their education, expand their expertise and strengthen their career opportunities by studying, researching or interning abroad.
In order to have the best experience abroad, it is recommended that students meet with their academic advisor early in their undergraduate career. Be sure to review the resources on the Education Abroad pages, including the funding resources page and the events calendar.
As a Geoscience major, students must meet proficiency in a foreign language or culture requirement. Students can also fulfill core and flag requirements abroad via petition. For more information, visit the Texas Undergraduate Studies petitions page. Remember to use the My Credit Abroad database to explore the historical record of courses other UT students have taken abroad.
Questions about credit? Review the Study Abroad Credit page for more information about receiving academic credit while abroad.
The following reciprocal exchange and affiliate partners offer strong academic options for Geoscience majors. This is not an exhaustive list of opportunities, but rather a starting place for exploration.
- Australia: Australia National University
- Australia: University of New South Wales
- Australia: University of Western Australia
- China: Tsinghua University
- Denmark: University of Copenhagen
- England: University of Bristol
- England: University of Exeter
- Norway: University of Oslo
- Internships Abroad
- Experiential Learning for Geoscience, Climate, Environment and Sustainability (PDF)
- Research Abroad