College of Education
Students in the College of Education can take advantage of opportunities to take courses, research and participate in service-learning or internships abroad to broaden their education, expand their expertise and strengthen their portfolio as they launch their careers.
In order to have the best experience abroad, it is recommended that students meet with their academic advisor early in their undergraduate career. Be sure to review the resources on the Education Abroad pages, including the funding resources page and the events calendar.
As an Education major, students must meet proficiency in a foreign language. Students can fulfill core and flag requirements abroad via petition. For more information, view the Texas Undergraduate Studies petitions page. Remember to use the My Credit Abroad database to explore the historical record of courses other UT students have taken abroad.
Questions about credit? Review the Study Abroad Credit page for more information about receiving academic credit while abroad.
The following reciprocal exchange and affiliate partners offer strong academic options for Education majors. This is not an exhaustive list of opportunities, but rather a starting place for exploration.
- Australia: University of Sydney
- Australia: University of Melbourne
- Australia: University of Queensland
- Denmark: Aarhus University
- Denmark: DIS: Child Development and Diversity
- England: Oxford Brookes University
- England: University of Bristol
- England: University of Nottingham
- Hong Kong: Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Norway: University of Oslo
- Singapore: Nanyang Technological University
- Scotland: University of Edinburgh
- Scotland: University of Glasgow
- Denmark: Sport, Society and the International Olympic Movement (Summer 1)
- England: Exploring UK Education (Summer 1)
- Guatemala: Culture, Diversity and Education (Summer 2)
- Japan: Exercise and Sport for Health, Fitness and Performance (May Term)
- Mexico: Latinx Identities Across the Americas (May Term)