Sponsored Student Services
ISSS provides personalized administrative support, specialized billing, and customized advising services to sponsored students and their sponsoring agencies. We proudly partner with over 70 sponsoring agencies worldwide to promote academic excellence, leadership, and cultural exchange. We support more than 300 sponsored students from over 50 countries enrolled at UT.
Services Provided for Students and Sponsors
For students we provide:
- Coordination between admission office, academic departments, and the English as a Second Language (English Language Center) program
- Resources and information on housing options
- Immigration document issuance and on-going immigration support
- Manage tuition bill payments for students with signed billing agreements
- Personalized advising services to support the students’ welfare during their period of study
- Customized orientation for new sponsored students
- Coordination of campus services and resources for students with disabilities
- Assistance for students in fulfilling sponsor’s requirements
- Issuance of customized letters upon request Notary services
- General insurance and non-resident tax filing support
- Communication services between agencies and sponsored students
- Crisis management
- Ongoing updates through sponsored student listserv and monthly newsletter
- Grade reports to the sponsoring agency
- Regular sponsored student gatherings and networking events
For sponsoring agencies we provide:
- Centralized point of contact for the sponsor to communicate with the University
- Advice on the advantages and disadvantages of entering the U.S. in a specific immigration status
- Preparation of placement forms and host institution application forms
- Assistance in determining the cost of funding their students' education
- Third party billing services and individual students' invoices
- Crisis management and official communication
- Customized letters upon request
- Coordination of insurance waivers for groups
- Facilitate university site visits at the request of sponsoring agencies
- Student grade reports each semester upon request
- Opportunities for partnerships and official agreements
Information for Prospective Students
For more information regarding undergraduate admissions for international students, visit the Office of Admissions for prospective international undergraduates.
Admissions deadlines for graduate programs vary by department. Visit the University’s Graduate School to learn more about the graduate programs and their respective deadlines.
See the financial requirements page for new students.
Special Billing (Third Party Billing)
Refer to Sponsored Student Billing (Special Billing) under Financial Services.
English as a Second Language (English Language Center)
For more information regarding English as a Second Language (English Language Center) courses, visit the English Language Center website.
Schedule an Appointment
Schedule an appointment with a Sponsored Student Advisor.
Sponsored Student Contacts
Tina F. Ross
Senior Program Coordinator
Assistant Sponsored & Exchange Advisor
Sponsored Student Accountant
General Information: email@example.com