Make an Appointment
ISSS offers many services for our students and scholars. If you would like to speak with an advisor, select the service below for information on how to schedule an appointment with one of our highly trained staff members. If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please follow the instructions in your confirmation email.
The Texas Global front desk is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The front desk can assist with general questions and previously scheduled document pick-ups. The front desk is staffed by non-advisors and cannot provide immigration advising.
International Student Advising Appointments
Advisors are available by email to answer questions. We have limited appointments for remote advising via Zoom or in-person. These are reserved for urgent and time-sensitive issues. If you are in need of an appointment and don't see one available, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsored Student Advising
Sponsored Students are individuals who are funded by a government, company, or organization which utilizes 3rd party billing and have signed billing agreements with Texas Global. The Sponsored Student Advisor assists with issues involving immigration, financial sponsorship and billing, general insurance and tax questions, and also advises students on questions related to academic progress and personal considerations.
We have limited appointments for remote advising via Zoom or in-person. If you are in need of urgent advising please email us at email@example.com to arrange an appointment with an advisor.
Exchange Student Advising
We have limited appointments for remote advising via Zoom or in-person. If you are in need of urgent advising please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment with an advisor.
English Language Center Student Advising
- Travel Signatures on I-20s or DS-2019s
- Employment Verification Letter for social security numbers
- Enrollment Verification Letter
- English Language Center Transcripts & Grade Reports
- Copies of Receipts or Tuition Payments
- Signatures on Transfer-In Forms
- Reprint of lost or stolen I-20s or DS-2019s
Email email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
Faculty & Scholar Advising
We are offering appointments for in-person advising, as well as remote advising via Zoom.
- J-1 Scholar Orientation Appointment - Required for all arriving visiting researchers, professors, and other scholars in J-1 status. Appointments should be made upon arrival in the United States via myIO.
- Individual Advising Appointment for Faculty and Scholars - For UT faculty members and scholars in the following statuses: J-1, H-1B, TN, and F-1 OPT. Note that advising for those in F-1 OPT status is reserved for faculty members and scholars who are not on a UT I-20.
- Individual Advising Appointment for Permanent Residency and O-1 Petitions - For university-sponsored I-140 and O-1 petitions.
- For assistance with insurance questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your EID in all correspondence.
- Completed Insurance Waiver Request forms can be uploaded at Secure Uploader. You DO NOT need to make an appointment.
- Insurance Waiver Requests may take two weeks for processing. Please do not make appointments to check the status of your waiver request. To check if your waiver request has been approved, view your tuition and fee bill. If you see insurance charges on your tuition and fee bill on the 11th class day (Fall/Spring) or 3rd class day (Summer), please contact the Insurance Advisor immediately.
We are not accepting tax appointments at this time. We will have tax assistance appointments available March through April. For basic questions regarding federal income tax returns for non-residents, please email us at email@example.com. We currently have a non-resident tax filing software available to assist you with completing your non-resident tax return.