The International Internship Program is just one way to do an internship abroad through Texas Global. We recommend that you explore the various program options with internships to ensure that The International Internship Program is the best fit for you.
Explore the many programs with internship abroad, including internships with coursework (fall, spring, summer) and full-time internships (summer only).
Meet with one of our peer advisors to finalize your program selection. They are available Monday - Friday 12-5 pm.
Attend an information session
- For full-time internships, attend an Explore: The International Internship Program session.
- For part-time internships with coursework, attend a regional explore session and follow the How to Apply for exchange and affiliate programs.
Review the FAQ. Contact the Internship Coordinator with any concerns prior to opening an application.
Meet with your Academic Advisor to discuss whether to attach credit to this experience. These internships are credit-eligible, and students may petition their department for credit.
Visit Career Services to have them review your resume and cover letter before uploading them to your application. Applications with unprofessional documents will not be accepted.
If you need additional advising, make an appointment by emailing the Internship Coordinator. Attending the Explore session is required before individual appointments.
Review and begin applying to Scholarships. Deadlines vary.
Before starting this section, be prepared to:
- Enter the application code (also called the program code) for first and second choice programs. A second choice location does not harm your application.
- Pay the $75 non-refundable application fee. This fee is non-reversible and non-refundable, even if the application is incomplete. Do not click "continue" on the “online application” unless you are ready to commit to completing your application.
Complete the MyAbroad portion of the application. You can stop and restart at any time.
- Online Application." The advisor for this program is Katherine Uhlrich.
- Read the "Financial Responsibility Policy" and acknowledge
Follow the link in "Internship Application Instructions" to join the Canvas course of your first-choice location only.
Submit your application documents on Canvas
- Cover Letter
- Essays (3)
- Why specifically do you want to intern in your chosen location, rather than one of the other options?
- Research your chosen industry sector in the location you have selected. How is it similar or different from the United States?
- What are your top three goals for this experience (e.g. specific skills, personal achievements, professional development outcomes, etc.)? What steps will you take before departure and while abroad to achieve these goals?
- Fields of Interest
- Signature documents