Regaining F-1 Status

If you violate your F-1 status you will need to take steps to regain your valid F-1 status. There are two ways to regain F-1 status: by application to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) or by international travel.

You should schedule an appointment with an international student advisor to discuss which option will be best for you.