Browse a variety of scholarships offered by colleges, schools and units across the university to help fund your education abroad.
Faculty-Led UT Scholarships
- UT offers scholarships for Maymester, Summer and Fall faculty-led programs.
- Award range from $1,000 - $3,000.
- Admissions to a specific program may be required.
- Apply in Global Assist.
Dr. Ivy McQuiddy Scholarship
- Every student going for the full academic year to non-traditional locations is eligible.
- Recipients are chosen internally and awarded in the spring for the following academic year.
- Amount: $1,000 (one award given).
- No application required.
International Education Fee Scholarship (IEFS)
- Every student should apply.
- Deadlines: Fall: March 1, Spring: October 1, Summer: February 15.
- Competition opens on the first day of class for each long semester.
- Additional Information: Bi-annual local competition. Competition for study or research overseas. Awards are based both on merit and need.
- Apply in Global Assist.
Liberal Arts Council (LAC) Study Abroad Scholarship
- Every student in the College of Liberal Arts should apply.
- Deadline: mid-October and early March.
- Amount: At least $500. Usually, 4-7 scholarships in varying amounts from $500-$1,500 are given.
For additional information, visit the Liberal Arts Council (LAC) Study Abroad Scholarship web page.
Plan II Honors - Travel Grants
- Every Plan II Honors student should apply.
- Deadlines: Early March (summer/fall programs), Late October (spring programs/Maymesters).
- Award amounts typically range between $500 and $2,000.
For more information, visit the Plan II Travel Grant web page.
School of Architecture - Independent Research Travel Scholarships
- All Architecture students should explore this opportunity. Learn more on the School of Architecture's Independent Research Travel Scholarships web page.
Betty Cotten Memorial/Flying Longhorns Education Abroad Scholarship
- For current UT upper-division undergraduate students who are U.S. citizens and have been accepted into an official UT study abroad program. Academic excellence and financial need will be considered. This scholarship is designed to cover partial program costs. The students will have to complete the general Texas Exes scholarship application, the continuing student application and then the additional Betty Cotten Memorial application. The deadline to apply is March 1 at 11:59 p.m. CDT.
- The application for the Betty Cotton Memorial/Flying Longhorns Scholarship will require an essay that addresses the following: (1) information about the student's study abroad program, including why the student chose the specific program and (2) how the student's participation in the study abroad program will help the student achieve the student's academic and/or career goals.
- More information on the Betty Cotten Memorial/Flying Longhorns Education Abroad Scholarship can be found in the Texas Exes Scholarship database. Many application questions can be answered on the Texas Exes Scholarships web page.
- Send additional information requests to email@example.com.
GlobalAustin awards two $1,000 scholarships to UT Austin students for international exchange every year.
- The Cleo S. Selinger Scholarship is awarded to a student who will study abroad through a UT Austin program that is at least one semester in length.
- The Joe W. Neal Scholarship is awarded to an international student pursuing an undergraduate degree at UT Austin.
For application materials and more information, visit the GlobalAustin Scholarships Supporting Exchange web page.
Senate of College Councils Study Abroad Scholarship
The Senate of College Councils Academic Enrichment Committee Study Abroad Scholarship is designed to assist a student studying abroad in an upcoming academic year.
To qualify for this scholarship, applicants:
- Must have attended UT for at least two semesters, or must currently be enrolled in the 2nd semester (classification after completion of the Spring semester).
- Students must also currently have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher and must be in good academic standing.
- Applicants will be scored in consideration of merit, financial need and acceptance to a UT affiliated study abroad program.
This scholarship is open to all undergraduate students, including international students, who are studying abroad in Maymester or Summer Programs.
Learn more on the Office of the Dean of Students website.