Browse a variety of scholarships offered by colleges, schools and units across the university to help fund your education abroad.
Faculty-Led UT Scholarships
- UT offers scholarships for May Term, Summer and Fall faculty-led programs.
- Award range from $1,000 - $3,000.
- Admissions to a specific program may be required.
- Apply in Global Assist
Dr. Ivy McQuiddy Scholarship
- Awarded to undergraduate students studying abroad for the full academic year, with a preference for non-traditional locations.
- One award of $1,000
- Recipient is awarded in the spring for the following academic year.
- Apply in Global Assist
International Education Fee Scholarship (IEFS)
- Awarded to any UT student going anywhere outside the U.S. most globally-related activities
- Competitions are held four times per year
- Recipients are awarded based on academic merit, financial need, and programmatic information
- Apply in Global Assist
Note: International students seeking funding to study in Austin, TX should apply for the International Education Fee Scholarship through ISSS
Liberal Arts Council (LAC) Study Abroad Scholarship
For additional information, visit the Liberal Arts Council (LAC) Study Abroad Scholarship page.
Plan II Honors - Travel Grants
For more information, visit the Plan II Travel Grant page.
School of Architecture - Independent Research Travel Scholarships
Scholarships that are specifically for independent student research travel are competitively awarded to SOA students each year. Students are required to submit proposals and comply with university travel policies. These scholarships prioritize international travel - past recipients have traveled to countries including Vietnam, Iceland, Japan, and Ghana.
Betty Cotten Memorial/Flying Longhorns Education Abroad Scholarship
For current UT students who are U.S. citizens and have been accepted into a UT study abroad program. Academic excellence and financial need will be considered.
Apply through Texas Exes Opportunities portal
Global Change Maker Scholarship
Global Change Maker Scholarships help remove financial barriers to study abroad and international internships internships so that more students can prepare to lead in a world in which business has no borders. Awards of up to $5,000 are available to UT undergraduates from all majors looking to incorporate an international experience into their time at the university.
Apply on McCombs Business School webpage
GlobalAustin awards two $1,000 scholarships to UT Austin students for international exchange every year.
For application materials and more information, visit the GlobalAustin Scholarships Supporting Exchange page.
Senate of College Councils Study Abroad Scholarship
The Senate of College Councils Academic Enrichment Committee Study Abroad Scholarship is designed to assist a student studying abroad in an upcoming academic year.
To qualify for this scholarship, applicants:
This scholarship is open to all undergraduate students, including international students, who are studying abroad in May Term or Summer Programs.
Learn more on the Office of the Dean of Students website.
- Every student in the College of Liberal Arts should apply.
- Deadline: Early March and Mid October.
- Amount: At least $500. Usually, 4-7 scholarships in varying amounts from $500-$1,500 are given.
- Every Plan II Honors student should apply.
- Deadlines: Early March (summer/fall programs), Late October (spring programs / May Term).
- Award amounts typically range between $500 and $2,000.
- All Architecture students should explore this opportunity. Learn more on the School of Architecture's Independent Research Travel Scholarships page.
- For current UT upper-division undergraduate students who are U.S. citizens and have been accepted into an official UT study abroad program. Academic excellence and financial need will be considered. This scholarship is designed to cover partial program costs. The students will have to complete the general Texas Exes scholarship application, the continuing student application and then the additional Betty Cotten Memorial application. The deadline to apply is March 1 at 11:59 p.m. CDT.
- The application for the Betty Cotton Memorial/Flying Longhorns Scholarship will require an essay that addresses the following: (1) information about the student's study abroad program, including why the student chose the specific program and (2) how the student's participation in the study abroad program will help the student achieve the student's academic and/or career goals.
- More information on the Betty Cotten Memorial/Flying Longhorns Education Abroad Scholarship can be found in the Texas Exes Scholarship database. Many application questions can be answered on the Texas Exes Scholarships page.
- Send additional information requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Cleo S. Selinger Scholarship is awarded to a student who will study abroad through a UT Austin program that is at least one semester in length.
- The Joe W. Neal Scholarship is awarded to an international student pursuing an undergraduate degree at UT Austin.
- Must have attended UT for at least two semesters, or must currently be enrolled in the 2nd semester (classification after completion of the Spring semester).
- Students must also currently have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher and must be in good academic standing.
- Applicants will be scored in consideration of merit, financial need and acceptance to a UT affiliated study abroad program.