Gilman International Scholarship Program
The Gilman Scholarship Program supports undergraduate students who might not otherwise participate due to financial constraints. The program encourages students to study and intern in diverse world regions and to study languages, especially critical need languages. Veterans of military service are encouraged to apply, and preference is given to veterans when other factors are equivalent.
The Gilman program has successfully supported students who have been historically underrepresented in education abroad, including but not limited to first-generation college students, students in STEM fields, ethnic minority students and students with disabilities.
Award recipients are chosen by a competitive selection process and must use the award to defray eligible study or intern abroad costs. These costs include program tuition, room and board, books, local transportation, insurance, international airfare, passport and visa fees.
- Wednesday, September 16, 2020; 5:30-7:00 p.m. via Zoom
- Wednesday, September 23, 2020; 5:30-7:00 p.m. via Zoom
- Friday, October 2, 2020; 2:00-5:00 p.m. via Zoom
Application Deadline Extended: October 8, 2020
The October 2020 deadline application will open in mid-August 2020 for applicants whose in-person and virtual programs start between January 1, 2021, to December 31, 2021. Please be aware that the application and advisor certification deadlines are in the Pacific Time Zone and take into consideration any time difference as you prepare to submit your application.
- Gilman Scholarship
- Critical Needs Language Award
- Gilman – McCain Scholarship (Child or dependent of active duty military)
- Log-into CASH to see if you receive a Pell grant.
- Read the scholarship overview, program eligibility and applicant FAQs.
- Attend a Gilman Scholarship Information Session. View the Education Abroad events calendar and search Gilman.
- Participate in the Gilman Writing Workshop. View the Education Abroad events calendar and search Gilman.
- Apply by the deadline.