Get Help Filing a Non-Resident Return
International Student & Scholar Services is able to provide tax filing assistance for nonresident aliens for tax purposes. We can help:
- Understand the tax filing instructions
- Prepare and print your own federal tax returns through Sprintax
- Answer general questions regarding nonresident taxes
Get Help Filing Your Taxes
The tax filing deadline for 2021 tax returns is April 18, 2022.
- You will have access to Sprintax which you can use free of charge with a unique code provided by ISSS.
- You can attend one of the many Sprintax Webinars or watch informational videos on the Sprintax YouTube channel.
- You can also join us during our virtual tax assistance drop-in sessions on Wednesdays from 4:30- 5:30 PM or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Tax Forms Commonly Used by International Students & Scholars
- Form 8843
- Form 843
- Form 8316
- Form 1040X
Used to ask for an extension to file taxes after the April 15 tax deadline.
- Form 1040 NR
Amended/Prior Year Tax Appointments
Texas Global and Volunteer Tax assistance are unable to assist with Amended Taxes and have limited support for Prior Year Tax Returns.
Nonresident aliens for tax purposes who have failed to file a prior year tax return may have options on GLACIER Tax Prep or Sprintax. You will be able to access blank tax forms to fill out on your own or purchase access to GLACIER Tax Prep or Sprintax prior year software to help fill out the forms.
For amended taxes or additional questions, please contact email@example.com for suggestions on resources to assist you. Keep in mind that it may take 24 to 72 hours to get a response during the busy tax season.