Banking in Austin
Banks all over America have varying services available. The following tips will help you select one that will best meet your banking needs. Visit their websites listed below for information about fees, additional locations, and convenient ATMs.
The following banks are located near the UT Campus. These banks do not require a Social Security Number to open an account; however, you will need official documentation, such as a Texas State ID, Driver’s License, Student ID, Passport, or Tax ID number to open a new account.
University Federal Credit Union
- Address: 2244 Guadalupe St., Contact: (512) 467-8080
- Address: 4611 Guadalupe St. (near 45th street and the UT Intramural Fields), Contact: (512) 467-8080
- Address: 1904 Guadalupe St. (at MLK Blvd), Contact: (512) 236-3070
- Address: 2414 Guadalupe St.(near W. 24th St.), Contact: (512) 476-8644
- Address: 1000 E. 41st St. (in the HEB supermarket, Hancock Shopping Center), Contact: (512) 302-3881
- Address: 321 W. 6th St. (on Guadalupe St.), Contact: (512) 421-5761
- Address: 2402 Guadalupe St., Ste. C, Contact: (512) 236-1250
- Address: 3221 Red River St., Contact: (512) 344-8655
- Address: 3909 North I-H35 (in the Fiesta supermarket), Contact: (512) 344-7843
Questions to Ask When Choosing a Bank
- What identification and documents do I need to open an account?
- How much money is required to open each type of account?
- What kind of checking, savings, or money market accounts does the bank offer?
- What fees do they charge?
- How much interest does this type of account earn?