If you have any questions about the IOV program, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
International Orientation Volunteers
Helping with International Student Orientation is a fantastic way to meet new international students, make friends, and share culture! Whether you have extensive international experience, or you never plan to travel outside of the U.S., developing cross-cultural communication skills is essential to being successful in today’s interconnected world.
Each year, The University of Texas at Austin and Texas Global welcome over a thousand international students to the Longhorn community. The International Orientation Volunteer (IOV) Program provides UT students the opportunity to get involved in International Orientation activities and provide a welcoming environment for new classmates when they are far from home. Both international and domestic students are invited to participate.
Learn more about this volunteer opportunity at our information sessions on Apr. 5 and 8, 2022.
Register for Information Session
- Gain leadership experience
- Design your own creative programs
- Share your knowledge and expertise with new students
- Meet new friends from around the world
- Strengthen the international student community
- Domestic and international graduate and undergraduate students are encouraged to apply
- Expected enrollment at UT during the Fall 2022 semester
- Must have been a UT student for at least one semester prior to Fall 2022
- Commitment to attend an in-person orientation during the week of April 18.
This is an unpaid, volunteer position. Volunteers who fulfill their commitments may request a signed Certificate of Completion from Texas Global certifying your participation in the volunteer program and a signed letter of thanks from Texas Global that may be used for future volunteer and internship applications.
How to Apply
Applications open March 30, 2022.
Wednesday, April 13, 2022
I applied to be a volunteer. What's next?
Expect to receive a response by April 18, 2022.