Hiring Individuals with F-1 or J-1 Employment Authorization

A department at The University of Texas at Austin may employ internationals with a valid F-1 Optional Practical Training (OPT) Employment Authorization Document (i.e. EAD card), or a J-1 employment letter authorizing Academic Training.

ISSS must monitor these employees for immigration reporting purposes. Therefore, as the employee is completing the I-9 and other new employee paperwork, please access myIO and follow the instructions below:

For New Scholars on F-1 OPT, J-1, EAD or Other Status

  1. Click "Add New Person"

    Click "Add New Person" under Departmental Services and fill out the required information
    (University ID and Network ID = UT EID of new scholar)

  2. Click "New Scholar Intake"

    Click "New Scholar Intake - F-1 OPT, J-1, Other" and fill out the required information.

    Note: Scholar will receive an email with instructions to complete their required information after the above is completed.