ISSS offers many services for our student and scholars. If you would like to speak with an advisor, please select the service below for information on how to schedule an appointment with one of our highly trained staff members. If you must miss your scheduled appointment or need to change it, please follow the instructions in your confirmation email.
The ISSS Front Desk is currently closed. Please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Advisors are available by email to answer questions. We have limited appointments for remote advising via Zoom. These are reserved for urgent and time-sensitive issues. If you are in need of an appointment and don't see one available, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Schedule an appointment
Sponsored Students are individuals who are funded by a government, company, or organization which utilizes 3rd party billing and have signed billing agreements with Texas Global. The Sponsored Student Advisor assists with issues involving immigration, financial sponsorship and billing, general insurance and tax questions, and also advises students on questions related to academic progress and personal considerations.
We have limited appointments for remote advising via Zoom. If you are in need of urgent advising please email us at email@example.com to arrange an appointment with an advisor.
We have limited appointments for remote advising via Zoom. If you are in need of urgent advising please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment with an advisor.
- Travel Signatures on I-20s or DS-2019s
- Employment Verification Letter for social security numbers
- Enrollment Verification Letter
- English Language Center Transcripts & Grade Reports
- Copies of Receipts or Tuition Payments
- Signatures on Transfer-In Forms
- Reprint of lost or stolen I-20s or DS-2019s
We have limited appointments for remote advising via Zoom. If you are in need of urgent advising please email us at email@example.com to arrange an appointment with an advisor.
- J-1 Scholar Orientation Appointment - Required for all arriving visiting researchers, professors, and other scholars in J-1 status. Appointments should be made upon arrival to the United States.
- Individual Advising Appointment for Faculty and Scholars - For UT faculty members and scholars in the following statuses: J-1, H-1B, TN, and F-1 OPT. Note that advising for those in F-1 OPT status is reserved for faculty members and scholars who are not on a UT I-20.
- Individual Advising Appointment for Permanent Residency and O-1 Petitions - For university sponsored I-140 and O-1 petitions.
We have limited appointments for remote advising via Zoom. If you are in need of urgent advising please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request one and include an explanation of your question.
- Same day appointments cannot be facilitated.
- UTEID and the reason for which you need to see the Insurance Advisor (e.g. to purchase dependent insurance; to discuss waiver options) is required.
- Completed Insurance Waiver Request forms can be uploaded at Secure Uploader. You DO NOT need to make an appointment.
- Insurance Waiver Requests may take two weeks for processing. Please do not make appointments to check the status of your waiver request. To check if your waiver request has been approved, view your tuition and fee bill. If you see insurance charges on your tuition and fee bill on the 11th class day (Fall/Spring) or 3rd class day (Summer), please contact the Insurance Advisor immediately.
We are not accepting tax appointments at this time. You can complete your tax return through GLACIER Tax Prep (GTP). For basic questions regarding taxes please contact us at contact email@example.com.
Amended Tax Returns
Texas Global and Volunteer Tax assistance are unable to assist with amended taxes and have limited support for "prior year" tax returns.
Nonresident aliens for tax purposes who have failed to file a prior year tax return may have options on GLACIER Tax Prep. You will be able to access blank tax forms to fill out on your own or purchase access to GLACIER Tax Prep prior year software to help fill out the forms.
For amended taxes, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for suggestions on resources to assist you.
For additional questions, please contact email@example.com. Keep in mind that it may take 24 to 72 hours to get a response during the busy tax season.