Resources for Teaching Abroad
CELTA is an intense course and it is wise to be well prepared. For online resources to support your CELTA journey, we recommend ELT-Training.com, a website run by an experienced CELTA tutor. In particular, the free resource The Ultimate Guide to CELTA Success and the pre-CELTA Grammar for Language Teachers can be very helpful.
Finding a Job
CELTA qualified teachers are in demand at language schools around the world. Online job boards are a convenient way to check the job market. Some popular free sites are:
Several countries have government sponsored English language teaching programs. These programs offer the opportunity to travel and teach abroad along with support from the host country. Examples include:
- Foreign Language Assistants in France
- Teach and Learn with Georgia
- The Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Programme
- English Program in Korea (EPIK)
- Teach and Learn in Korea (TaLK)
- North American Language and Culture Assistants Program (Spain)
The Fulbright English Teaching Assistant Program places teaching assistants in classrooms abroad. Program open to United States citizens only.
Teaching English Online is a free online course provided by Cambridge Assessment English and FutureLearn. This course is for experienced or recently qualified English language teachers who would like to transfer their teaching skills to a live online context.
The aim of the course is to give teachers the skills, knowledge, digital tools and resources that they need to design and deliver effective online English lessons. The course will cover the following topics:
- The context of English Language Teaching online
- How to plan and deliver online language lessons
- How to continue your professional development as an online teacher