CELTA Intensive Course Dates 2019 - 2020
- October 7 - November 1, 2019
- April 6 - May 1, 2020
- May 26 - June 19, 2020
- June 22 - July 17, 2020
- July 20 - August 14, 2020
CELTA Online Course Dates 2020
- January 27 - April 17, 2020 (must be in Austin March 16 - 27 for teaching practicum). Application deadline for the online course is Wednesday, January 15; all applicants must be interviewed and accepted by Friday, January 18 to join this course.
The schedule for the four-week intensive course is Monday-Friday, 11:45AM - 8:00PM with a break for lunch.
The online course is designed to be completed in 12 weeks--10 weeks of online modules, and 2 weeks of supervised teaching in Austin 4:00 - 9:00PM daily. Video conferences with a trainer are held from 8:00 - 9:00PM weekly throughout the online modules; these conferences are optional but highly recommended.
The course costs $2,595 ($2,295 + $300 non-refundable deposit). The special Early Bird rate is $2,295, if paid in full 45 days before start of course ($1,995 + $300 non-refundable deposit). The Early Bird discount does not apply to the online course. Pay online here.
Students are also required to purchase the following textbooks. New, used, or electronic copies are acceptable:
- Learning Teaching by Jim Scrivener (3rd edition ISBN: 0230729843)
- Practical English Usage by Michael Swan (4th edition ISBN: 0194202410)
- Teaching English Grammar by Jim Scrivener (ISBN 0230723217)