To request more information about the Teacher Training Institute at UT Austin, contact the special programs coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teacher Training Institute
This four-week virtual program provides intensive training for teachers of English as a Foreign Language in primary, secondary and university-level education in their home country context.
- UT-TEFL certificate upon completion
- Convenience of online learning - log in from home
- Comprehensive curriculum for communicative language teaching practices
- Teaching practice, lesson planning skills, and class observations
- Network and collaborate with international English teachers around the world
- Communicative language practice with native English speakers
- Distinguished, certified TEFL trainers
Participants must be able to attend live virtual classes six-hours per day for four weeks and login from a computer with a reliable internet connection.
What will each day look like?
You will attend live virtual classes five days per week for a total of 120 program hours. Classes will take place Monday-Friday for four consecutive weeks from 9am-5pm CDT (UTC -5), with ten-minute breaks between modules and a two-hour mid-program break. Each day, you will log in to classes at specified class times through Zoom, where trainers will meet you and your peers in a virtual classroom. You will be able to see and hear your colleagues just as you would in a live classroom. Each class will be offered in a modular-style format.
- English Language Center Methodology and Second Language Acquisition
- Technology in Language Learning
- Communicative Language Teaching and Speaking Exercises
- Teaching Reading and Writing
- Teaching Grammar
- U.S. Culture and Idioms
- Current Trends in Language Teaching
Tuition includes all academic materials, access to online university resources, pre-orientation, and UT-TEFL TTI certificate of completion.
- Pay by Jul. 1 - $1900
- Pay by Jun. 15 - $1800
- Summer 2020: Jul. 20 – Aug. 14
The Virtual Classroom
Each day when your class begins, you will join the virtual classroom using a pre-generated link that will be emailed to you beforehand. Once you click the link and join the meeting, you will see your trainer and your colleagues appear as they log in simultaneously. Through the Zoom platform, your trainers will be able to share their computer screens with the class, draw on a virtual whiteboard, and even break the class into smaller breakout groups for pair and group work.
Don’t worry if you haven’t used Zoom before. Our staff will host a comprehensive pre-orientation to the program with a live tutorial on the platforms used during the program. While you progress through the course as a learner, you will acquire hands-on digital instruction experience with the Zoom video conferencing platform - a bonus tool to add to your English teaching skill set.
Closing Reception and Program Certificate
At the conclusion of the program, Texas Global will host a virtual closing reception recognizing the accomplishments of each participant. A certificate will be mailed to all participants who successfully complete the program.
Download the application for Virtual Teacher Training Institute - Summer 2020 to get started. E-mail completed applications to email@example.com.