We advise ALL travelers to research their destination prior to departure to help mitigate health, safety, and security risks while traveling abroad. Laws and social norms surrounding the LGBTQIA+ community vary from country to country. In addition to understanding how cultural beliefs and local policies applicable to the LGBTQIA+ community can impact your experience abroad, it is important to also be cognizant in locations with restrictive laws of potential legal and safety implications surrounding public displays of affection or using dating apps.
- The U.S. Department of State LGBTQIA+ Travel Information
- National Center for Transgender Equality: includes information on TSA screening protocols and your rights when going through airport security
- Diversity Abroad – LGBTQIA+ Students Abroad
- The International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association (ILGA)
- LGBTQIA+ Rights Around the World
- UT's Gender and Sexuality Center