Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
Updated March 12, 2021
Contact Texas Global
Staff is currently working remotely to provide advising and services. Please visit our Contact page for more information.
Stay informed on immigration updates and remote resources available to international students and scholars.
Find the latest information, frequently asked questions, and resources related to Education Abroad and COVID-19.
International Travel Guidelines in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
University-sanctioned international travel for business or study is currently prohibited through August 31, 2021. However, you may request an exception. All requests will be processed by Texas Global.
- All countries are now considered a Restricted Region. Faculty/staff/students must petition for international travel through the university’s Restricted Regions process and submit a supplemental COVID-19 travel waiver.
- Approved travelers will need to follow all CDC guidelines and quarantine requirements in the destination country and upon return to the U.S., Austin, and the UT campus. Effective Jan. 26, 2021, all air passengers entering the U.S. are required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result taken no more than three days before boarding their flight. Visit the CDC website for more information.
- All air travel and rental cars must be booked through UT Contracted travel agencies or Concur.
- University funds may not be used to cover cancellation fees for meeting registrations or for travel booked outside of UT contracted travel agencies or Concur.
Decisions about the travel policy after August 31, 2021, will be announced on or before July 30, 2021.
Guidance Upon Return from Abroad
Returning travelers should follow the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. If you travel internationally, follow the guidance below for 14 days, upon your return:
- Practice social distancing. If you go outside, stay away from crowded places, avoid group gatherings, and maintain distance (~6 feet) from others.
- Wear a mask that covers your mouth and nose when outside your home.
- Monitor your health. You can learn more about what do if you become sick after traveling here.
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer.
For information on domestic travel, see the University’s COVID-19 travel guidelines website.
Visitors to Campus
- Visitors/researchers/scholars wishing to travel to campus from abroad will need to seek approval from the corresponding college/school's Dean or Vice President. All visitors will be subject to the same quarantine provisions as UT Austin approved travelers returning from abroad.
- All international visiting delegations coordinated by Texas Global are suspended through August 31, 2021.
Texas Global communications to campus
Texas Global communications to campus concerning COVID-19 (coronavirus):
Presidential Proclamation Concerning H-1B Visas
June 23, 2020
Immigration Update: Presidential Proclamation
June 3, 2020
Cancellation of All Education Abroad Programs
Mar. 11, 2020
COVID-19 Update: Italy Travel Restrictions
Feb. 28, 2020
COVID-19 Update: Korea Travel Restrictions
Feb. 25, 2020
Message of Support to our International Community
Feb. 14, 2020
Message to UT Community: China Travel Restrictions
Jan. 29, 2020