We welcome walk-in customers on a first come, first served basis. We do not make appointments. Due to high demand and limited staff, we often need to stop accepting applications before our official closing time, so we recommend arriving earlier in the day rather than later. Wait times vary, from a few minutes to a couple of hours, so please plan accordingly. Current processing times to receive your passports in the mail are up to 14 weeks for Routine Service and up to 10 weeks for Expedited Service.
U.S. Passport Renewals
There are two ways to renew your U.S. passport: in person or by mail. The requirements and advantages for each are listed below.
Renewing in Person
You may renew your U.S. passport in person at a passport acceptance facility such as our office.
A passport acceptance agent can double-check that your application is acceptable
- We will execute the application
- We will mail your passport application for you
Renewing by Mail
You may be eligible to renew your U.S. passport by mail through a U.S. post office. To renew by mail, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must have your most recent passport book or card
- Your passport may not be expired for more than five years
- You must have received your passport when you were age 16 or older
- The passport cannot be a limited-validity passport (a passport valid for less than 10 years)
- The passport must not be damaged or lost
- If your name has changed, you must mail in a marriage certificate or court order showing the name change
You must fill out the form DS-82 and follow the directions on it to renew by mail. If you choose this method:
- You will not have to pay a $35 execution fee
- The application form is shorter
- You do not have to visit a passport acceptance facility