Due to the large volume of customers, Passport Services must often close early in the morning. To increase your chances of being seen the same day, we strongly recommend arriving prior to our office opening. Thank you.
All applicants must be present to apply for a U.S. passport. Passports for applicants 16 and older are valid for 10 years. Applicants age 16 and 17 will need one parent to accompany them.
How to Apply
Be Prepared for Your Visit
- Check or Money Order
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship
- Proof of Identity
- Form DS-11 (PDF)
We recommend arriving as early as possible during our business hours (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.) as we may close early or for periods of time throughout the day.
We are located in the Texas Global building at 2400 Nueces St, Suite B.
When staff are available, they will enter guests' names and phone numbers on a waitlist so they can be texted when ready to be seen. Guests will not have to wait on site once they are on the waitlist.
Decide What Passport You Need
Apply for a passport book, passport card or both. The passport book and passport card are both U.S. passports. They are proof of your U.S. citizenship and identity.
- A passport book can be used for international travel by land, sea or air. The vast majority of applicants choose the book. You can also choose how many pages the book has—between 28 (standard) and 52 (large) with no difference in price
- A passport card cannot be used for international air travel. The passport card can only be used for entering the United States at land border crossings and seaports from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda.
- You can also apply for both products with the same application.
Prove Your U.S. Citizenship
Bring one of the following documents:
A) U.S. Birth Certificate that meets the following requirements*:
- Issued by the city, county, or state of birth
- List applicant’s full name, date of birth, and place of birth
- List parent(s)’ full names
- Has the signature of the city, county, or state registrar
- Has the date filed with the registrar’s office
- Has the seal of issuing authority
B) Undamaged U.S. passport, even if expired
C) Certificate of Naturalization
D) Certificate of Citizenship
E) Birth Certificate Abroad
Examples of what is NOT acceptable: photocopies, social security cards, birth announcements from churches or hospitals.
*Applicants born in Texas may only provide the short-form birth certificate if it has the letter “I” next to the date filed. Otherwise, they must provide the long-form birth certificate. Applicants born in California must always provide long-form birth certificates. Short-form certificates, also referred to as birth abstracts, will not be accepted.
Prove Your Identity
Bring a government-issued photo identification document from the following:
- In-state valid driver’s license
- Government employee ID (city, county, state, or federal)
- U.S. military or military dependent ID
- Valid U.S. passport book or card
- Valid foreign passport
- Certificate of Naturalization, if issued within six months
- Certificate of Citizenship, if issued within six months
- Trusted Traveler IDs, including valid Global Entry, FAST, SENTRI, and NEXUS cards
- Enhanced Tribal Cards and Native American tribal photo IDs
- Matricula Consular (Mexican Consular ID)
- U.S. Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)
Other documents: In-state valid learner's permit with photo, In-state valid non-driver ID with photo, and temporary driver's license with photo. Important notes:
- You may be asked to present an additional ID when presenting one of these 3 documents.
- If the applicant is 16 or 17 years of age, one parent will need to submit their ID.
Complete the Correct Form
For each applicant, you must complete a passport application, form DS-11, for both first time and renewal in-person applicants. We have provided a fillable version of the DS-11 form. To save your edits, we advise printing and then selecting “Save as PDF” to have an electronic backup of this form. The only application our office can process is the form DS-11.
Please print out the DS-11 and make sure the form is on two separate pages –not front and back—and that it is completed in black ink. The size of the form must fit the standard size of 8 ½ x 11 inches.
Provide a Photo (Printed on Photo Paper)
This can be done in one of two ways:
- Applicant provides their own photo, printed on photo paper, that meets all the photo requirements found here.
- Use our photo services for a fee during your visit.
Since the top reason applications are delayed is due to poor quality photos, we recommend having your photo taken at our facility.
Note: We do not accept digital photos and cannot print them out.
Pay Passport Fee With Check or Money Order
The passport fee must be in the form of a check or money order and made out to the “U.S. Department of State”. Also, please write the first and last name of each applicant, as well as their date of birth, on the front of the check or money order. Do not write anything on the back of the payment.
You can choose expedited processing, and receive the passport in 5–7 weeks, by paying an additional $60.00 per applicant. If expediting, we recommend adding the faster shipping fees found below to avoid postal service delays.
For Passport Books only, you can purchase 1-2 day return shipping for an additional $18.32 per applicant that can be included in the check or money order used to pay the passport fee.
Our office also offers 1-2 day outbound priority mail express shipping from our facility which can be paid with Visa or Mastercard. This price will be at least $26.00 but mail prices can vary daily.
Note: Adding the Return and Outbound Shipping fees only reduces shipping times. Processing speeds will still remain at 5-7 weeks (expedited) or 8-11 weeks (routine).
Pay Execution and Photo Fees
All acceptance facilities are required to charge a $35 execution fee per application. This is separate from the passport fee and does not need to be in check form. We accept Visa, MasterCard or cash to pay this fee.
If you are applying for both a passport book and card, you will only need to pay one execution fee of $35.
Our office charges $15 to take and print two passport photos. One is attached to the application, the other the customer can keep. This can also be paid using Visa, MasterCard or cash.