Internationalization Event Fund
When academic units from across the campus unite to create events with a global focus, the ripple effect reaches the entire university. The goal of the Internationalization Event Fund is to provide support for the development of high-impact global engagement events.
The Internationalization Event Fund is designed to strengthen global engagement on the Forty Acres. Texas Global will accept proposals—for up to $10,000—from academic units sponsoring high-impact, globally-oriented events involving multiple colleges and schools and that will reach broad and diverse audiences (200 or more attendees). Examples of appropriate events include academic conferences, symposia, lectures, musical performances, artistic exhibitions, or other interactive events that promote internationalization on campus.
Proposals may be submitted on a rolling basis—beginning August 1—and will be accepted until such time that the allocated $50,000 budget has been exhausted for the current academic year.
For more information, visit the application portal in InfoReady or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internationalization Event Awardees
The Internationalization Event Fund was launched in August 2021. Since then, the following academic units have been awarded to host international events.
- College of Liberal Arts, Department of History, XVI International Meeting of Historians of Mexico
- College of Liberal Arts, Department of Classics, Digital Humanities Beyond Modern English Conference
- College of Liberal Arts, Department of Linguistics, The 14th International Conference of the Association for Linguistic Typology
- Dell Medical School, Redefining Health Care Summit, Barcelona 2022
- UT Polish Club, Russia's War on Ukraine and Its Global Impact with Lech Wałęsa, Former Polish President and Nobel Peace Prize Winner
- School of Nursing, International Indigenous Nursing Research Summit