How We Collect Data
International Students & Scholars
Data collected represents international students, scholars and global program participants at UT Austin between Fall 2020 – Summer 2021.
Education abroad data represents students involved in international activities between Fall 2020 - Summer 2021. Due to the global pandemic, our numbers have substantially decreased from an average of 4,000+ students abroad annually. UT Austin is committed to sending students abroad safely and has been supporting students in their academic pursuits abroad throughout the pandemic.
- Study Abroad: students that enrolled in institutions abroad or participated in faculty-led programs.
- Internships: students that participated in a research or work-based experiences.
- Service Learning: students that participated in volunteer or service-learning activities.
- Independent Research: students that pursued independent field research.
- Independent Activity: students that participated in international conferences, workshops or served as a teaching assistant on faculty-led programs.
We thank the College of Undergraduate Studies for providing the foundational data from Eureka in 2021 that highlights UT faculty members’ international interests. Our faculty activity now represents the interests of over 1,000 individual faculty members. If you are a faculty member and would like to add or update your information, please submit your information.
International partnerships are identified by MOUs and agreements officially signed by UT Austin and an institution abroad. If you are involved in a formal partnership not identified on this page, please contact our Global Strategies Officers.
Alumni connections listed on the map reflect official chapters or networks registered with Texas Exes. If you are an international alumnus or alumna and would like to connect with Texas Global, please visit our dedicated alumni webpage or contact the Director of Global Alumni Relations.