How We Collect Data
Data reported on international students and scholars as well as students abroad represent mobility from the prior academic year.
International Students & Scholars
- International students: Students who are degree-seeking or enrolled on a reciprocal exchange
- International researchers: Faculty and researchers who are employed and visiting scholars
- English Language Students: Students enrolled in intensive English courses through the English Language Center
- Global Program Participants: Individuals participating in short-term programs on campus
- Study Abroad: students who enrolled in institutions abroad or participated in faculty-led programs
- Internships: students who participated in research or work-based experiences
- Service Learning: students who participated in volunteer or service-learning activities
- Independent Research and Activity: students who pursued independent field research, participated in international conferences and workshops, or served as teaching assistants on faculty-led programs
Note on data representation: A student whose program included more than one location is counted in each country visited to provide an accurate view of activity. However, for the purpose of the total number of students abroad, it is the individual student who is counted, not locations. As a result, the sum of the continent totals will always be greater than the total number of students abroad.
Faculty activity represents the academic interests of faculty across all disciplines. If you are a faculty member and would like to add or update your profile, please submit your information.
International partnerships are identified by Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs) and agreements officially signed between UT Austin and an institution abroad. For more information, please contact our Global Strategies Officers.
Alumni connections reflect official chapters or networks registered with Texas Exes. If you are an international alumnus or alumna and would like to connect with Texas Global, please visit our dedicated alumni page or contact us via email at email@example.com.