Free online course on teaching English.
This course will help you learn more about teaching English as a career. It’s a 6 week course, with an estimated weekly study time of 2 hours per week (12 hours total study time). Each week covers a separate topic:
- Week 1: What does it mean to be an English language teacher?
- Week 2: How can teachers motivate and manage learners?
- Week 3: How can teachers help learners with communication skills?
- Week 4: What do teachers need to know about language?
- Week 5: What resources can teachers use?
- Week 6: How do you get the skills you need to be an English language teacher?
You will receive a certificate upon completion of the course.
“Thank you all for easing me into my CELTA course (week 3 starts Monday); it's been invaluable.”
“I've just passed the interview and signed on to do the CELTA course in Edinburgh and I'm really looking forward to it. Carrying on with the pre-course reading now. This free course has helped me to make up my mind that this is for me. I've very much enjoyed it particularly reading everyone's comments”