LGBTQA+ laws vary from country to country. The information below is a generalization on how to mitigate health, safety, and security risks while traveling abroad.
- If planning to use a dating app while abroad, be cognizant of the social norms and laws regarding same-sex dating within the country.
- In some countries, or parts of countries, same-sex relationships are illegal. In these regions, avoid the use of public displays of affection.
- The U.S. Department of State LGBT Travel Information
- National Center for Transgender Equality: includes information on TSA screening protocols and your rights when going through airport security
- Diversity Abroad – LGBTQ+ Students Abroad
- The International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association (ILGA)
- LGBTQA Rights Around the World
- UT's Gender and Sexuality Center
- LGBTQ+ Education Abroad Resources: created by UNC Chapel Hill student