Welcome to myIO. This page details what you need to know in order to best utilize this tool for your international population.
myIO is an immigration case management system utilized by Texas Global at The University of Texas at Austin to assist International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS).
As a departmental staff member you will be required to attend a training on myIO before you will be able to access the system. Once you have attended the training, you will be able to log into the system and submit various immigration status initiation requests.
Please Note: this link will take you directly to the department services page.
If you are not authorized to access myIO, you will not be able to request any services.
Currently Available through myIO
Using myIO, you will be able to initiate ISSS requests to help your international population obtain suitable immigration statuses.
- Request initial documents
- You can request a DS-2019 issuance for a prospective J-1 Exchange visitor. If the visitor does not already have a UT EID, you will need to have them create one.
- J-1 Student Intern Request
- You can request a DS-2019 issuance for a prospective J-1 Student Intern. If the visitor does not already have a UT EID, you will need to have them create one.
- Extend an existing J-1 Program
- This will allow you to request an extension of an existing J-1 Exchange Visitor's program.
- Initiate an H-1B request
- Start the process for a new H-1B employee or extend an existing H-1B. Please remember to initiate 6-8 months prior to the requested start date.
- Initiate an LPR petition
- For those with teaching duties, initiate within 6 months of the date on the offer letter to utilize the streamlined process of PERM Special Handling. For those without teaching duties, the LPR process must start no later than the 3rd year of one's H-1B status.
Services not in myIO
These services are not currently in myIO, but we are working to bring them in. For the time being, you will need to submit paper copies to our office.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a TN request.
- Please email email@example.com to initiate an E-3 request.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate an O-1 request. Initial O-1 Petitions require abundant preparation. Please initiate these 12 months prior to the requested start date. Extensions should be initiated 6-8 months prior to the expiration of the current status.