The University of Texas System is pleased to offer AcademicBlue, its Student Health Insurance Plan, underwritten by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) and administered by Academic HealthPlans.
To make this coverage work for you, it is helpful to be informed and proactive. Please carefully review our webpage about accessing healthcare in the U.S. and using your insurance.
The Student Health Insurance Plan includes:
- Affordable, quality coverage compatible with the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Access to a broad network of physicians through the BCBS Texas Blue Choice Network
- Coverage at school and home, throughout the US and while traveling abroad
- Academic Emergency Services (AES), a global emergency services plan
- Blue365 discounts & deals on vision, fitness and much more
- Optional dental insurance available for purchase.
Student Health Insurance Plan: Benefit Documents
- Benefit Highlights
- Full Benefits Brochure
- Glossary of Insurance Terms
- Academic Emergency Services
- Blue365 Discounts Program
- Optional Dental Plan
Note: the above plan documents refer to the UT Student Health Insurance Plan. If you hold UT Select staff benefits (such as through a GRA or TA position), please visit UT Human Resources page.