Hiring Individuals with F-1/J-1 Employment Authorization

A department at The University of Texas at Austin may employ internationals with a valid F-1 Optional Practical Training (OPT) Employment Authorization Document (i.e. EAD card), or a J-1 employment letter authorizing Academic Training.

ISSS needs to monitor these employees hired by the various departments. Therefore, as the employee is completing the I-9 and other new employee paperwork, please access myIO and follow the instructions below:

For new scholars on F-1 OPT, J-1, EAD or other status:

  • Click "Add New Person" under Departmental Services and fill out the required information
    (University ID and Network ID = UT EID of new scholar)
  • Click "New Scholar Intake - F-1 OPT, J-1, Other" and fill out the required information

Note: Scholar will receive an email with instructions to complete their required information after the above is completed