Newly Admitted Graduate Students
Assigned Advisors for New Student Processes
ISSS has assigned advisors for liaising with campus departments. Academic Advisors & Graduate Coordinators: If you have questions about your new international students and the creation of their I-20/DS-2019, please feel free to contact your department's assigned advisor directly.
School/College - ISSS Advisor
- Architecture - Unassigned
- Business - Unassigned
- Communications - Unassigned
- Education - Unassigned
- Engineering (Except ECE) - Unassigned
- Engineering (ECE) - Unassigned
- Fine Arts - Unassigned
- Geosciences - Unassigned
- School of Information - Unassigned
- Institute for Computational Engineering & Science (ICES) - Unassigned
- Option III Programs - David Cole
- Law - Unassigned
- Liberal Arts - Unassigned
- Natural Sciences - Unassigned
- Nursing - Unassigned
- Pharmacy - Unassigned
- Public Affairs - Unassigned
- Social Work - Unassigned
- Undergraduates: Freshmen - Unassigned
- Undergraduates: Transfer Students - Unassigned
- Reciprocal Exchange Students - Unassigned
- Sponsored Students - Tina Fiet
If you are providing funding for an international student with an academic assignment here are the basics that you need to know:
- We have moved to a completely paperless system. Students will now upload their proof of funding in our student management system, myIO.
- Funding amounts: In order to issue an immigration document, we are required to verify that a student has one year of tuition & living expenses available.
ISSS Support Services Fee
The UT System approved a fee change for International Student & Scholar Services in 2012. As of fall 2015, all international students are charged $125 each semester they are enrolled (fall/spring/summer). The ISSS Support Services Fee will be included in the student’s tuition bill and the money generated from the fee will be used to support all of our services to international students.