Texas Global at The University of Texas at Austin has been selected as a host university of the prestigious Young Leaders of the Americas Initiative (YLAI), a five-week institute that will bring 10 Latin American and Caribbean leaders to the Forty Acres this summer.
To help personalize the experience and promote intercultural exchange, we would like our YLAI Fellows to have the opportunity to stay with local Austinites for one night during their visit. We are currently looking for volunteers to host one to two YLAI Fellows on Saturday, October 14. All of our YLAI Fellows are between the ages of 21-35.
We are also encouraging hosts to join the MWF Fellows for a Meet & Greet Dinner, on Sunday, October 8 from 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. on campus.
Requirements and Expectations for Hosts:
- Live in a house or apartment in the greater Austin area
- Have an interest in learning about a new culture and sharing your culture
- Can accommodate visiting YLAI Fellows with their own separate beds
- Can provide transportation for YLAI Fellows to and from campus
- Available to pick up guests on Sat. Oct. 14 (10 a.m. - Noon) and return them on Sun. Oct 15 (2 p.m. - 4 p.m.)
- Can provide lunch and dinner on Sat. Oct. 14 as well as breakfast and lunch on Sun. Oct. 15
If you are interested in being a host, please complete the online Host Application Form.
If you have questions about this unique opportunity, please email us at YLAI@austin.utexas.edu.