The Undergraduate Preparation Program (UPP) is a foundation program designed specifically for international students looking for support in preparing for admissions to undergraduate university programs in the United States. The program offers participants one-on-one advising, expert evaluation of admissions essays, and preparation for academic success.
Who is this program for?
- International students who want to increase their TOEFL score
- International students who want to increase their SAT scores
- International students desiring admission to a top-tier university
What do you need to apply?
- A high-school transcript showing at least 3.0 GPA
- At least intermediate proficiency through our placement test or a TOEFL/IELTS score
- For the three-semester program: iBT 47-59 or IELTS 5.5
- For the two-semester program: iBT 60-78 or IELTS 6
- For the one-semester program: iBt 79+ or IELTS 6.5+
Why should you study with us?
- Receive one-on-one advising, admission information sessions, and workshops
- Draft and edit high-quality admission essays with expert instructors
- Experience university-level classes at UT through University Extension classes
- Join student organizations and social activities to enhance the extracurricular experience
What will you learn?
- Reading, Writing, Listening/Speaking, Grammar
- SAT Preparation
- TOEFL or IELTS Test Preparation
- University Extension Courses or Class Auditing
- Intermediate to Advanced
- Increase eligibility for undergraduate admission
- Prepare for university-level academics
- Develop critical thinking skills
- Increase academic vocabulary
- Enhance ability to find and evaluate sources
- Know how to take notes on complex, fast-paced lectures
- Prepare to lead and participate in moderated discussions
- Improve ability to write academic papers, including proper citation to avoid plagiarism
- Gain experience giving academic presentations, using visual aids, and fielding questions
Dates and Costs
Program fees include tuition, placement tests, some curriculum materials, academic advising and workshops, immigration advising, and university ID card to access computer labs, learning management system, public transportation, university libraries, recreation center, and health center.
Depending on skill level, students may study one, two, or three semesters.
- The cost of the one semester program is $8,995
- For two semesters, the cost is $16,990
- For three semesters, the cost is $24,735
|Summer 2020||Fall 2020||Spring 2021|
|May 28 - August 10||August 20 - December 8||January 14 - May 10|