Welcome to the Professional Development in Accounting Program, specially designed exclusively for students from the Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (ITESM)! This program will build your knowledge of accounting practices, develop networking & communication skills, cultivate leadership development and build cultural understanding.
As part of this exciting, customized academic and cultural exchange, you will attend class daily, engage in weekly professional development seminars, visit a variety of Austin business & professional organizations, and participate in leadership workshops offered by the UT Leadership and Ethics Institute (LEI).
You will enroll in two courses to enrich your understanding of accounting:
- Accounting Information Systems: gives you the analytical tools to evaluate users' accounting information needs, and to design, implement, and maintain an accounting information system to support business processes and cycles.
- Professional Ethics for Accountants: allows you to identify and analyze ethical issues that arise in business & accounting situations as well as to formulate resolutions for them. This course will also touch on the various professional rules that govern accountants.
These seminars give you a chance to explore additional topics in business & accounting as well as develop marketable skills for your career search. Topics include business communication & writing, interviewing & resume building, non-profit accounting, and technology in accounting.
The UT Leadership and Ethics Institute (LEI) will provide leadership skills training that incorporates both theoretical and practical ethical leadership development. The purpose of LEI is to prepare the next generation of individuals to act responsibly, to improve the quality of student life, to serve as peer mentors and to serve the communities in which they live, study and work.
You will visit four Austin businesses, meet with local business professionals and augment what you learn in class. UT staff also will conduct a debriefing and reflection session after each visit to facilitate the learning and application process.
Immersing in U.S. cultural and social experiences is a crucial element for any international exchange. You will have the opportunity for a variety of fun and educational experiences including:
- Visiting the Texas State Capitol Building
- Bat viewing on a sunset cruise under the Congress Ave Bridge
- Kayaking on Lady Bird Lake
- Touring the Bullock Texas State History Museum
The 2016 program dates are:
- Arrival - May 31
- Orientation - June 1
- Program End - July 1
- Departure - July 2
The 2016 Program Fee is $4350. It includes:
- Arrival Transportation
- UT ID Card
- Capital Metro Transportation Pass
- Library Access
- International Student Health Insurance
- Course Tuition, Fees & Materials
- Professional Development Seminars
- Leadership Workshops
- Site Visits
- Cultural Excursions
- Networking Opportunities
- Group Dinners
- Transportation to PDAP Events
- Bedding & Linens
- High Speed Internet & Wi-Fi
- Dedicated Texas Global Staff