The Graduate Preparation Program (GPP) is a foundation program for international students who want to pursue graduate degrees at top-tier universities and want to increase their scores on TOEFL, IELTS and GRE. Students receive rigorous training by expert faculty in academic writing, reading, listening, speaking, test preparation, and more.
Who is this program for?
- International students who want to increase their TOEFL or IELTS score
- International students who want to increase their GRE scores
- International students desiring admission to a top-tier university
What do you need to apply?
- A bachelor’s degree showing at least 3.0 GPA
- At least intermediate proficiency through our placement test or a TOEFL/IELTS score
- For the two-semester program: iBT 47-49 or IELTS 5.5
- For the one-semester program: iBT 60-78 or IELTS 6
Why should you study with us?
- Receive one-on-one advising, admission information sessions, and workshops
- Draft and edit your statement of purpose with expert instructors
- Experience university-level classes at UT through University Extension and/or graduate class auditing
- Communicate with professors and departments
What will you learn?
- Academic Writing, Reading, Listening/Speaking, and Grammar
- GRE Preparation
- TOEFL or IELTS Preparation
- University Extension Courses or Graduate Course Auditing
- Intermediate to Advanced
- Increase eligibility to a graduate program
- Prepare for admission to graduate school
- Develop critical thinking skills
- Increase academic vocabulary
- Enhance ability to find and evaluate sources
- Know how to take notes on complex, fast-paced lectures
- Prepare to lead and participate in moderated discussions
- Improve ability to write academic papers, including proper citation to avoid plagiarism
- Gain experience giving academic presentations, using visual aids, and fielding questions
- Learn various aspects of research
- Develop a better understanding of the research process and current research topics in several fields
Dates and Costs
Program fees include tuition, placement tests, some curriculum materials, academic advising and workshops, immigration advising, and university ID card to access computer labs, printing, learning management system, public transportation, university libraries, recreation center, and health center.
Depending on skill level, students may study one or two semesters.
- The cost of the one semester program is $8,995
- For two semesters, the cost is $16,990
|Summer 2020||Fall 2020||Spring 2021|
|May 28 - August 10||August 20 - December 8||January 14 - May 10|