To offer the highest quality English Language Center instruction that supports current and potential university students, visiting scholars, and international student and scholar dependents at The University of Texas at Austin (UT); to provide EFL teacher training programs to the UT community and beyond; and to extend the reach and impact of The University of Texas at Austin to the world through our programs.
To transform lives through exemplary English as a Second Language (ESL) instruction and English as a Foreign Language (EFL) teacher training.
We strive to fulfill our mission by:
- Administering English language assessments (speaking and writing) and for-credit courses for current UT students
- Administering English language assessments and customized courses for UT departments
- Offering non-UT students a variety of program options that meet individual needs
- Hiring exceptionally qualified English Language Center educators and providing them the technology, resources, and professional development opportunities necessary to offer our programs
- Providing pre-arrival, new-student, and current-student orientation materials, immigration advising, and workshops to help students navigate our program, prepare for university culture, and adjust to life in the U.S.
- Organizing a variety of social activities to help participants improve their language skills, create an English Language Center community, connect to campus community and resources, and learn about US culture
- Training current and potential EFL instructors through the CELTA certification program, teacher training institutes, and TESOL internships