Courses are taught by Cockrell School of Engineering Faculty, who provide guidance throughout project development.
- Martin Rumbaugh, P.E., BCEE, Senior Project Manager at AECOM, spring PUC course professor
- Janet Ellzey, Ph.D., P.E., Department of Mechanical Engineering, Cockrell School of Engineering, Engineering Foundation Centennial Teaching Fellow in Engineering No. 2
- James O'Connor, Ph.D., P.E., C. T. Wells Professor in Project Management, fall PUC course professor
In addition to course instructors, faculty advisors closely work with students outside of formal class time.
- Calvin Streeter, Ph.D., L.M.S.W., Professor, School of Social Work
Technical and Cultural Advisers
Each team is accompanied by a technical advisor to the project site, who ensures the quality and integrity of project and assists students with technical questions that may arise during implementation. Technical advisors also provide guidance to students throughout the process of concept selection and design. Cultural advisors provide guidance on cultural norms and expectations so students can better navigate community relationships.
- Ken Hanks, P.E, Senior Structural Engineer, Jose L. Guerra Inc., India 2015/2016/2017
- Joe Luke, P.E, SECB, Senior Structural Engineer, LCRA, Costa Rica 2014, Nicaragua 2015, Guatemala 2017
- Mary Lou Ralls Newman, P.E, Ralls Newman, LLC, Tanzania 2014 & 2015, Guatemala 2016
- Julie Westerman, M.Ed., Program Coordinator UT Education Abroad and Returned Peace Corps Volunteer 2010-2012, Nicaragua 2014
- Justin Davis, Ph.D. student, MSE in Environmental Engineering, University of Texas, Ghana 2013 & Nicaragua 2014
- Neil Higa, P.E., Water/Wastewater Engineer at AECOM; Papua New Guinea 2013
- Tim Bailey, M.S.W., Community Development Program Coordinator at Glimmer of Hope; Ghana 2012 and 2013
- Gordon Townsend, P.E.
- Kate Tomlinson, P.E., LEED AP BD+C, Walter P. Moore; Tanzania 2016
- O.A. Ezekoye, Ph.D., P.E., Professor Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Martin Rumbaugh, P.E., BCEE, Senior Project Manager at AECOM; Peru 2010 and Papua New Guinea 2013
- David Powell, Principal of P.E. Structural Consultants, Inc; Thailand 2017
Service Learning Advisory Board (SLAB)
In addition to faculty and technical advisor support, students receive support from an advisory board comprised of university and industry representatives. Students present their progress to SLAB in formal presentations throughout the year.
- Joe Luke, P.E, SECB, Senior Structural Engineer, LCRA
- Calvin Streeter, PhD, UT School of Social Work
- Jimmy Canning, BSCE, Senior Technical Advisor, ExxonMobil
- Mary Lou Ralls Newman, P.E, Ralls Newman, LLC
- Martin Rumbaugh, P.E., BCEE, Senior Project Manager, AECOM
- Helena Wilkins Versalovic, Senior Program Coordinator, UT Cockrell International Engineering Education
- Randy Penson, Global Risk & Safety Director, UT Austin Texas Global
- Isaac McQuistion, MA, Global Risk & Safety Coordinator, UT Austin Texas Global
- Kate Tomlinson, P.E., LEED AP BD+C, Walter P. Moore
- Andrew Domke, Geotechnical Department Manager for Professional Service Industries
- Keith Simon, Registered Architect, Certified Passive House Consultant (CPHC), and Legacy LEED AP; Senior Architect at Building Exterior Solutions, Inc. and adjunct faculty at the University of Texas School of Architecture (UTSoA) in Austin