As our closest international partner, the opportunities that Mexico offers UT Austin students are endless. Build a professional network, immerse yourself in a new culture or learn Spanish for less than it costs to attend UT Austin.
- Strong business and cultural ties to Texas
- Low cost (semester programs cost LESS than study in Austin)
- Excellent universities with a variety of academic offerings
- Rich and diverse culture, art and history
- Expand your professional network
- Learn Spanish, the world's 3rd most spoken language
Programs in Mexico
Projects for Underserved Communities (PUC) is a year-long, three course sequence where students work with international communities to assess, design, and implement development projects.
Maymester programs: November 15
Summer faculty-led: February 1
Summer exchange and affiliated and Semester Plus: February 15
Fall exchange and affiliated programs: March 1
Spring exchange and affiliated programs: October 1
Education Abroad Blog
"When you hear of study abroad, most people’s immediate reaction is to think of Europe, Spain and almost anywhere on the other side of the hemisphere. That’s what I thought. The beauty of being able to study in a country like Mexico, is that you not only get to learn about your neighbor’s history, economy, cultures and traditions, you get to learn a lot about yourself, too." -Veronica Rivera