By sharing your stories and encouraging others to study abroad, you play an important role in helping to internationalize the UT campus. Global Ambassadors who complete program requirements will receive a Certificate of Global Engagement. You can choose to be featured as a guest blogger on the UT Education Abroad blog or to take over Texas Global social media channels.
The application deadline for Maymester, summer and fall programs has passed. Thank you to everyone who applied to be a Global Ambassador!
The goals of the Global Ambassador program are:
- To foster communication between students thinking of studying abroad and students currently studying abroad.
- To provide a forum for students to share their academic and intercultural experiences with staff and faculty in their departments, as well as friends, family, and prospective Longhorns.
- To better illustrate to study abroad candidates what to expect during their time abroad.
- To encourage reflection on the nature of study abroad.
We hope you enjoy the personal and professional benefits of being a Global Ambassador.
Use this opportunity as:
- A reflective tool to document your time abroad
- An effective way to keep friends and family back home informed of your thoughts and adventures
- Great training for the many times you will need to write a case statement, essay, etc.
- Resume builder for job interviews or graduate school
What we expect from you:
- Always review comments, analysis, spelling, and grammar before posting
- Ask for people’s permission before you write or post about them
- Avoid content that may be illegal, obscene, defamatory, threatening, infringing of intellectual property rights, invasive of privacy or otherwise injurious or objectionable
- Do not use Texas Global brand to endorse or promote any product, opinion, cause or political candidate
- Start simple, find your groove, and develop your voice
- Adhere to the University Code of Conduct and Student Honor Code
Requirements for #UTstudyabroad Takeover Ambassadors:
- You must commit to executing one take over per month during the duration of your program
- Post three to fives times daily during your Takeover
- Use the #UTstudyabroad and #Texas Globalsocialtakeover hashtag in every post
Requirements for Horns Abroad Bloggers:
- Include at least one image in every post write at least once prior to departure, to provide a sense of what you are thinking and how you are feeling as you prepare to leave
- While abroad, we ask you to post once a month
- Post at least once after you have returned, covering re-entry issues and adjusting to being back home and back on campus Include your Global Ambassador bio & the Horns Abroad Blog disclaimer at the end of each post
Some words of wisdom:
Blogging and posting to social media is a very public activity. Anything that gets posted on the internet stays there. Forever. Deleting a post simply removes it from the platform, but copies of the post may exist scattered all over the internet. As such, never link to something you haven’t read – when you link to something, you should make sure it is something that you really want to be associated with, and always keep in mind that you are acting as an ambassador for study abroad at UT. If you are unsure about posting something, ask! You shouldn’t post anything you wouldn't be comfortable with anyone viewing, from your parents to potential employers. Think before you post!
Check out the Education Abroad Blog to see what's new.