Congratulations! We are so excited that you have been selected to go abroad. Between now and when you depart we will work together to ensure that you are prepared for this experience. Preparation includes attending meetings, completing required forms online and participating in optional activities, like our Travel 101 session.
In general, all student participants will have a minimum of three components to their pre-departure:
UT Online Forms
Pre-departure forms vary but may include:
- Emergency Contact Information
- Health Clearance (mandatory for all)
- Emergency Medical Authorization
- Overseas Insurance
- Refund Policy / Financial Responsibility
- Release & Indemnification Agreement
- Responsibility of Participation
- Code of Conduct / Misconduct Resolution
- Acknowledgement Form
- Flight Information
- Passport Information
Complete all pre-departure requirements by:
- Texas Global-administered Maymester: March 1
- Departmentally-administered faculty-led programs: Varies, consult with your faculty/program coordinator
- Engineering Maymester: March 1
- Engineering Summer: April 1
- BBA Maymester: December 15
- Summer Faculty-Led: April 1
- Summer BBA Short Term: April 1
- Summer Internships: March 15
- Summer Exchange/Affiliated: May 1
- Fall Exchange/Affiliated: June 15
- Spring Exchange/Affiliated: December 1
- MBA Short Term Programs: varies
Advising & Support
Each student will attend a program specific pre departure meeting.
Each type of program has specific costs and methods of payment. Charts are provided to guide students.
Students maintain official registration with UT Austin while abroad on approved credit-bearing programs.
This workshop guides you on basic travel preparation and help navigate you on the big travel to-do's such as obtaining a passport, buying your flight ticket, packing tips, banking, and much more.
Learn tips, strategies, and techniques for transitioning into a new culture so you can make the most of your study abroad experience.
Your health and safety are our primary concerns. Learn about required workshops and health matters to take care of before your departure.