We know you have amazing photographs and videos from your study abroad experience. Share them with us and win! Finalists will be selected to win awesome prizes, plus the chance to be featured on the hero image of Texas Global website and in the highly popular Texas Global calendar.
How it works
The 2018 Photo & Video Contest is open to all students who studied abroad during Fall 2017, Spring 2018 and Summer 2018. A committee of staff and students will choose five finalists for each category. The five finalists from each category will be displayed on our Facebook page. Voting will take place on Facebook in the form of "likes" during International Education Week November 12-16. Spread the word and tell your friends to vote for you!
How to submit
- Rename the photo with your name and the location of where it was shot.
- Click on the category links to upload your photo. An email window will pop up. Attach your photo to the email and send.
- All submissions must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, October 14, 2018.
- Finalists will receive notoriety, fame and cool prizes -- plus the chance to be featured on the Texas Global website and in the Texas Global 2018 calendar!
An opportunity to showcase your creative vision, ranging from small details to large landscapes that capture a thought, feeling, idea, mood, or moment of your study abroad experience. Click the category title or copy Artisti.email@example.com, paste it in your email and send your file attachment.
Give us an insight of your academic experience abroad! After all, studying is the core of studying abroad, so share with us through pictures how your classes were, how you worked on your projects, and perhaps how the settings of the university were different. Click the category title or copy Major_A.firstname.lastname@example.org, paste it in your email and send your file attachment.
Everyone has that moment abroad when they stop and realize that the study abroad experience truly is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Were you able to capture that moment? Share it with us! Click the category title or copy Once_in.email@example.com, paste it in your email and send your file attachment.
Show us yourself and/or other students (either local or UT students) participating in an exciting activity abroad, eating an exotic food, doing the “Hook ’em” or with your “flag Bevo” t-shirt in front of a historic building, landmark, or something fun. Click the category title or copy Longhor.firstname.lastname@example.org, paste it in your email and send your file attachment.
- Photos and/or videos must be your original work.
- Photos must be high-quality resolution, at least 2 MB and up.
- Photos and/or videos must be taken while abroad on a UT study abroad program anytime from August 2017 to September 2018.
- Photos and/or videos must be free of alcohol, cigarettes, drugs or any inappropriate content.
- By submitting photos to the contest, participants are agreeing to grant Texas Global license for use of the photographs in displays related to the contest and in Texas Global’s printed and electronic publications. Photos may be modified, retouched, and used for promotional purposes, such as on Texas Global website, Facebook, Flickr, and in brochures, fliers, or posters. By agreeing to these terms, entrants are releasing all submitted photos from any liability that may arise from the use of the images.
Email questions to email@example.com.