Updated March 27, 2020
The Texas Global building is CLOSEDEffective March 16, staff are working remotely to continue services. Please contact us through the following ways.
International Student and Scholar Services
New Travel Guidelines in response to COVID-19
The university has implemented new travel guidelines including:
- Effective March 27, 2020: UT domestic and international travel restrictions have been extended to May 31, whether paid for by UT sources or external sponsors. A decision will be made by April 30 about travel starting after June 1. International travel will follow the guidelines issued by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and U.S. Department of State (USDOS) for dates later than June 1.
- UT will not permit reimbursements from any source for deposits, down-payments, change fees, or non-reimbursable airfares booked after March 26 for travel at any future time.
- Restricted Regions requests will not be accepted. Faculty and staff who require travel approval for COVID-19 pandemic research must contact Global Risk & Safety in Texas Global for further direction.
- Effective March 27, 2020: All visiting delegations to UT Austin have been canceled through June 1, with the possibility that this date could be extended, per CDC and USDOS guidelines.
- Worldwide recall of all university-sponsored travelers (students, faculty and staff), effective March 11, 2020.
- Cancelation of all education abroad programs through Aug. 18, effective March 11, 2020.
Texas Global communications to campus
Texas Global communications to campus concerning COVID-19 (coronavirus):
Cancellation of All Education Abroad Programs
Mar. 11, 2020
COVID-19 Update: Italy Travel Restrictions
Feb. 28, 2020
COVID-19 Update: Korea Travel Restrictions
Feb. 25, 2020
Message of Support to our International Community
Feb. 14, 2020
Message to UT Community: China Travel Restrictions
Jan. 29, 2020
Study Abroad Considerations
FAQs relating to the impact of COVID-19 on study abroad programs
International Student and Scholar Considerations
Information and resources pertinent to international students and scholars
UHS communications to campus
Central location for all updates and guidance from the university